Thread: Sue Gray
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2023, 05:26   #18
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Sue Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
I don't think she was a Labour shill or anything like that, but it is an extremely silly move by Starmer. Just bad optics.
I’m with Pierre, hands his opponents an open goal.

It’s also damaging to the Civil Service. The ensuring the perception of impartiality is almost as important as impartiality itself. The idea of a Civil Servant conducting a review into the behaviour of Ministers, SpAds, officials then bunking off to the opposition what could be mere months before a general election is an atrocious look.

If the next Labour government finds itself behind in the polls three years in, a couple of scandals here and there, and Starmer’s cabinet look round the rooms they are in at Whitehall and decide they can’t trust anyone it’s a situation he fostered.

---------- Post added at 05:26 ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
From that left-wing Starmer-supporting tree-hugging woke publication, the Daily Express…

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...chief-of-staff
The quote “not of the right grade to be promoted to permanent secretary” is odd since she was the grade directly below permanent secretary. It also seems an odd career move for someone to go from wanting Simon Case’s current job to wanting Dominic Cummings old one.

I politely suggest a Labour source on damage control.

Last edited by jfman; 04-03-2023 at 05:37.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote