Thread: VPN Router
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2023, 20:26   #2
bubblegun
cf.addict

Services: Virgin TV 360 Virgin 500Mb FTTP -AX86+AC86U AIMesh - O2 Mobile
bubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nice
Re: VPN Router

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter729 View Post
I am having my fibre broadband, YouFibre, installed next month and I want to put my Nord VPN on the router rather the individual devices. The router that Youfibre provide is a Eero Pro 6 which understand supports VPN pass through.

I am retired (getting on a bit) and this is something I have no expirence or real knowledge of so any pointers\advice will be gratefully recived.

My understanding is that the Eero Pro 6 could be put into VPN passthrough mode and I would have to have another device in front of the Eero Pro 6 router and this is where the vpn will reside, is this correct?

Is it possible to buy a different single device that will be both my router and the host for my VPN ?

If the above is not possible what device can I buy to host my VPN?

My current router is a Virgin router and I will return that when I move Youfibre
I believe you can use your own router but you won't get tech support to set it up or if it goes wrong.

I have an Asus router and it has VPN support. That means I can have VPN servers that I can connect to my LAN away from home and VPN clients setup on the router to point different devices to different locations around the world.

From their website:
"Connect your Gateway eero device to your modem using the Ethernet cable that came in the box. You can use either of the Ethernet ports on the back of your eero.
Plug your Gateway eero device into an available power outlet, then reconnect your modem to power. Your eero device’s status light will start flashing white. For placement tips, including DO's and DON'Ts, visit HERE"

Sounds like you could probably just plug a different router into the ONT, there's no extra config details.
bubblegun is offline   Reply With Quote