View Single Post
Old 26-03-2023, 23:21   #17
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age
Re: Is it possible to have two non VM FTTP services

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Very possible. Ultimately the goal is to avoid overkill wherever possible. Whilst the lowest is a 4 port, there's simply no need to splice all 4 ports if it isn't required and that would leave a smaller single splitter across the area.

Leaves the OP's question or solution fairly unlikely unless multiple variables go in their favour. At least the option of two Openreach fed connections. Huge surge in altnet activity though so before long you'll have the pick of a rather large bunch.

Wouldn't mind just the one FTTP connection nevermind two! Copper till 2026.
Good info thanks !
Question is a rather moot point for me now as I've just negotiated a new deal with VM locking me in for 18 months. Hopefully in a year and a half I'll have some altnets knocking at the door offering their services. Currently there are zero that I know of presumably as the area is already well served by VM and Openreach.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote