View Single Post
Old 28-05-2023, 13:00   #2122
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I have experience of one of your conditions because I have a family member and a friend who have Aspergers too.

I believe that it is incumbent on others to learn about these things so that they can understand the situation of others.

I am currently living with people who are suffering from things like dementia or who have had stroke.

If our various issues ever get us down, it's always worth remembering that there is always someone worse off than ourselves.

---------- Post added at 09:41 ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 ----------

Disabilities must be taken into account because some people aren't aware of what they are doing or don't realise how their behaviour impacts others.

For example, because the NHS is now in such a mess? a lot of people are now getting frustrated and are taking it out on frontline staff because they are in pain, frightened etc. Many GP surgeries are now adopting a zero tolerance policy towards inappropriate behaviour.

However, it wouldn't be appropriate to punish someone with Tourettes Syndromw for going in and shouting and/or using bad language.

Are you suggesting that they should be punished for suffering from an affect of their condition?

If so, I disagree. Someone with Aspergers cannot help how they think and the resulting resentment, sarcasm, rudeness etc comes about because of their misconceived ideas and genuinely held beliefs. They are not being unpleasent on purpose. It is down to the affects of a severe, life long & incurable learning disability.

They need and deserve our help & support rather than punishment and i'm keen that the Online Safety Bill is sensitive to their needs.

How this is achieved is above my pay scale!
You missed my point, Richard. The problem is that you are suggesting that people who have a relevant disability can say what they like whereas the rest of us can’t. Where’s the equality in that?

This law will play havoc with forums and the right to free speech and I am appalled that this government is contemplating it at all.