View Single Post
Old 28-05-2023, 07:05   #2116
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

"Misplaced" lol

---------- Post added at 07:05 ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Obsessive behaviour and misplaced resentment are also traits of those suffering from various conditions, including Aspergers syndrome.

If you come across this it has to be borne in mind that their distorted view of reality is completely genuine. Because they have poor social skills they are likely to be deliberately or unknowingly offensive. All I can advise is to think of it as their learning difficulty saying inappropriate & offensive things to you and not themselves.

In my experience punishment or tit for tat responses will not work and is only likely to make the situation worse.

This is relevant to the Online Safety Bill in the sense that, at first glance, they appear to be trolls who relish making unpleasent comments, to people. This can be viewed as bullying if one particular individual becomes a subject of their obsessive behaviour.

The Online Safety Bill won't be perfect. Some parts will be found to be over zealous, whilst others may need to be amended to give stronger powers.

Those who cannot help their inappropriate behaviour due to mental illness or disability do need to be stopped, but I think that the Act should contain measures to help and support them with only punitive measures being used as a last resort.
How about delusion of grandeur and making yourself a self-appointed expert on subjects you know little or nothing about? Are they traits of it too? How about if you then accuse others of discrimination and/or bullying supposedly based on the condition when you get challenged or disbelieved about it?

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote