View Single Post
Old 24-10-2022, 15:58   #16
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Rishi Sunak to become PM

My concern is that he has only 7 years experience as an MP, 4 years experience as a Minister - I don’t believe he has have the political experience to run the Party/Country…

As someone I follow on Twitter put it (@garius)

Quote:
Well, in any pre-2012 government he'd still be a Junior Minister.

That has knock-on effects for his likely performance in other vital areas to. Things you need to be good at in order to deliver and govern.

Building trust, relationships and reputation in parliament takes time. A reason all the recent PMs have been shit is they haven't done that

They've had to rely on having more people shouting loudly in their corner than in their opponent's corner. On building cliques and "winning" the argument.

That's how you win elections - general or leadership - it's not how you GOVERN. Truss was the ultimate example of that.

You also have to work out how you get a mandate from the country - yes, through actually having elections - to agree to difficult choices or trust you to make them.

Boris dodged that by flat out false promises. Truss decided she just tell us she knew best. Both failed, long-term

And, as I've talked about before, you need to have experienced failure and learned how to confront the consequences. You have to learn how to be wrong.

Sunak has demonstrated frequently so far he just doesn't know how to do that. He just gets angry at whoever suggests it.

Now you can say he's been Chancellor already, and built some experience from that. God knows it was a challenging time to do it. But his record there was spotty at best, and it highlighted he has issues with all the above.

He was still a raw Chancellor when he quit.

So over the next few months, possibly years, remember all the above. Experience is relative in the Tory Party right now.

Sunak is a junior employee in a struggling company who's shown some talent and been rapidly overpromoted as the experienced AND the grifters have jumped ship

Do I wish Sunak success? Absolutely. I live in this country. I am a patriot. I'm am lefty af but I want a competent right as much as they should want a competent left. Plus I have a mortgage to pay.

But let's not pretend he's ready for the PM job. By pre-2016 standards he isn't.
https://twitter.com/garius/status/15...8ItfMUIMSgMfhw
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote