Thread: Football Christian Eriksen
View Single Post
Old 13-06-2021, 20:28   #15
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Christian Eriksen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Not really - the Bradford City stadium fire, and the Hillsborough and Heysel disasters were all broadcast on live TV. In Bradford, the commentator kept talking, even when people started stumbling across the pitch with their clothes on fire. It was horrific to watch, but real events unfold, they aren't flagged in advance. There's no script detailing when to cut the feed. In any case, at some point what was a sporting event becomes live news and the media has a moral duty to record and report what's happening. In the case of Christian Eriksen, even the players forming a shield around him is part of the unfolding story. In Bradford, the TV footage has been invaluable in fire safety planning and training ever since.
While there is no script if a player has a horror leg break it’s deliberately not replayed.

Similarly the horror crash at the Bahrain Grand Prix last year wasn’t shown until it was clear Grosjean had freed himself from the car and walked into the medical car.

I would imagine players (after all, it could be any of them) and the Danish FA will make representations to UEFA and that if a similar incident were to happen again we would see wider angles and a less voyeuristic director. I could be wrong though, and hopefully we don’t find out.

---------- Post added at 20:28 ---------- Previous post was at 20:27 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
What questions ? Its called TV Coverage for a reason.
Perhaps the next player to collapse should warn the TV in advance.

Unsurprising I suppose that TV is all you are worried about.
At the point I posted there’d been a number of positive statements about his condition but for the avoidance of doubt I wish him a speedy recovery.

Last edited by jfman; 13-06-2021 at 20:34.