Thread: Amazon Lord of the Rings Series
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2021, 09:49   #39
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Lord of the Rings Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I dont really know anything about 'The Lord of the Rings' or 'The Hobbit' so I hope it stands up on its own.

I vaguely recall watching the first of the LOTR films, and not caring for it much, I didnt watch any of the others.
Tolkein’s original notes on Middle Earth cover periods of thousands of years and I believe this series is set about a thousand years earlier than the Lord of the Rings films. A few of the immortal characters from LotR might well crop up but as all the events will be prior to those of the films, prior knowledge shouldn’t be necessary. Unless the series focuses specifically on the other end of the One Ring story (the forging of the ring, as opposed to its destruction) then it’s not even very accurate to call it a “Lord of the Rings” series. There are plenty of other characters and events in Tolkien’s own imagined history of Middle Earth.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote