View Single Post
Old 01-08-2021, 21:52   #4070
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Quote:
UK Government 'will not stand in the way' of IndyRef2 forever says Michael Gove

In an exclusive interview with the Sunday Mail, Gove – who heads Downing Street’s so-called Union Unit – said that if there is a “settled will” for a rerun of the 2014 vote, then “one will occur”.

Holding a legal vote would require the UK Government to grant Holyrood a Section 30 Order – something Johnson has so far refused to countenance.

But when asked if the Government would stand in the way forever, Gove said: “No, if it is the case that there is clearly a settled will in favour of a referendum, then one will occur.”

The Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster also revealed his admiration for Sturgeon, who has been compared favourably to Johnson over her handling of the pandemic.

He said: “Every week we have a meeting with Nicola and the leaders of the other devolved governments and the First Minister is a very intelligent and able person.“Obviously I disagree with her on lots of things but I do respect her.

"If I was not a Tory, it would be fascinating to chat about life and books but we’re on different sides so thatisn’t going to happen.

"However, if she invited me around for a cup of tea, I’d be delighted.”
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/s...d-way-24660942
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote