View Single Post
Old 18-06-2012, 17:21   #25
Telly_
Permanently Banned

Telly_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Sky to launch Mobile network? Not virtual network either...

Quote:
Originally Posted by m419 View Post
The majority of Virgin Media customers do not subcribe to Virgin Mobile nor do they have TV,Internet and phone, I know a few people who just have the phone while some just have TV and many people just have Virgin Broadband and Sky TV as they either get a substantial amount of mobile minutes or use something like Vonage.

I don't like tripple or quad play offers myself and sky knows this as well which is why they now offer phone and broadband to non-TV customers as well, so they are really not bothered by Virgin Media's quad play offering, 5 years ago in 2007 maybe but not now.

I personally found Sky Talk to be non-beneficial to me and find BT cheaper, £10.75 per month line rental(1 year line rental saver) and free anytime calls plan and free calls to 0845 and 0870 numbers on a 12 month contract. Virgin and Sky charge for 0845 calls and 3 free calling features when taken with Broadband of which I chose Call Waiting,Call diversion and unlimited ring back on top of the free caller display with BT privacy.

And to be honest with you, most people have Sky because they cannot get a particular channel or exclusive content on Virgin or because they cannot get Cable TV where they live. Not because they like the Sky brand or because of tripple play offerings. I know a lot of people who have Sky and ordered Sky talk and broadband but were put on Sky connect which is very slow and more expensive than BT as it is purposely undercut by BT.

Therefore Sky mobile would attract a relatively small amount of users as it would have nothing unique about it.

It would also interfere with the networks who already sell and promote Sky Go products and as you maybe aware they have a steady amount revenue from this source.
You do understand your opinions are just your opinions? You seem to live in a cuckoo land where what you think some how becomes fact.

I live in a VM area and have tripple play from Sky so do a lot of people round here. I xan't wait to get Sky mobile and I bet with 2 years it would be the second most popular network in the UK.
Telly_ is offline   Reply With Quote