View Single Post
Old 30-09-2021, 11:41   #63
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Energy companies collapse

I got an email from Bulb this week trying to increase my direct debit by about £25 a month and waffling on about protecting my account credit against higher winter energy bills. This despite my account already being about £250 in credit, which is more than twice what I actually spend on electricity per month.

For any house that is lit by LED bulbs and heated by anything other than electricity the old adage that you spend a lot more on electricity in the winter no longer holds true. You certainly do spend more, but the difference is not as big, and the stuff that draws power in your house is likely to be in equal use all year round (your router, your games console, your multi-USB charger station, etc). If you have electric showers and an electric cooker then these are the real biggies and their usage will be the same year round. Actually in our house, running a B&B, those things were more used in the summer than winter.

Anyhoo … I went into my account online and reduced the direct debit back to the minimum they would allow, which is now a mere £10 per month more. I will be keeping a close eye on my credit level with them and if it goes up over the next 2 months I will have to contact them directly and insist they reduce the direct debit further. At the moment I can’t shake the feeling that they are more interested in improving their cash flow than in the health of my account.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote