View Single Post
Old 02-03-2022, 13:30   #1368
Blackshep
cf.addict

Blackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to all
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

That you can't see or won't recognise the damage this legislation if passed will do is concerning and as I've said many times it absolutely will not provide the security you think it will that's not opinion Richard it's fact. I'm not the most ICT savvy person but I'm fortunate to work with people that are and one of them demonstrated how they could continue doing everything this legislation purports to stop in less then five minutes with zero chance of being individually identified.

As other's have said safety on the internet is more to do with education then legislation that point was also made by another techie saying one of the most popular passwords is !123qwerty, I have no way of knowing if it's correct but I trust the person who told me. Your looking for legislation to replace personal responsibility and individual effort and it will fail at that as well it is never a good idea to allow government to decide what can and can't be said because even if you trust the government now what about 5,10 or 15 years down the line.

You really need to view this from outside of your norm Richard and see the power of misuse this creates.
Blackshep is offline   Reply With Quote