Thread: Superhub Hub 5 - IP of NAS changed
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2023, 09:35   #11
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
Re: Hub 5 - IP of NAS changed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
As I've pointed out, you can permanently fix IP addresses. Those selected devices are no longer dynamically allocated their IP address. I already do so with my various devices, such as a NAS and wireless printer.

Not as straightforward with a superhub as it is with my Asus router, but no apparent reason why it can't be done.
Me too.
Routers, printers and other devices I may want to connect via IP address.

I set DHCP to give addresses between 100 and 200 and then use low numbers for network devices and high numbers for networked devices.

I may look at using a netmask like 255.255.254.0 so 192.168.2.? is used for fixed addresses and 192.168.3.? for DHCP but it's not really needed. I'm never going to have that many devices.

My other thought is to put IOT devices directly on the SH and the rest of the network on the other side of my router like a DMZ. Any compromise on the IOT devices can't then get into the rest of my network.