View Single Post
Old 13-08-2022, 21:17   #16
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Salman Rushdie is attacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre
Rotherham, Rochdale, Halifax, Telford, Huddersfield……………

Batley Grammar School, Bradford Cinema ……….

I would say they affirm my point.
I don’t hear much from politicians in Government about that either, because the elephant in the room is they don’t want to publicly fund social services or policing to the extent required to prevent it. If the systematic rape of some poor white girls in the north is the price worth paying for tax cuts then so be it is the attitude. Individual responsibility, innit?

---------- Post added at 21:14 ---------- Previous post was at 21:13 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Who hasn't condemned it? This only happened yesterday and not everyone needs to take to Twitter/Facebook to offer their own personal condemnation. I think you can assume most people condemn attempted murder unless they express otherwise. This vanity that people think the world needs their own personal statement to be added to the record is weird. As is the scorekeeping on how quickly someone can condemn it. This isn't a competition.
It’s a competition for the right because it distracts from their own multitude of failings in Government to focus on a culture war.

---------- Post added at 21:17 ---------- Previous post was at 21:14 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
I thought I condemned it by buying his book, tbh though does it need condemning, on what planet is this sort of thing ever justified, it's so heinous does it really need people voicing disapproval to clarify that
Indeed, and I presume the OP is of that view too, so I was slightly bring pedantic in light of the statement made that there was no rush from the left to condemn. Technically nobody had.

Last edited by jfman; 13-08-2022 at 21:32.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote