View Single Post
Old 06-12-2022, 09:25   #20
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: What are the odds of winning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Seems this puzzle is still keeping us guessing. I like that.

Everyone seems to keep telling me I'm wrong but I see each round as individual rounds.
It doesnt matter what you started with as by the time of your final choice you will only have two doors left.
Both of these remaining doors could have a goat or car behind them. It is 50/50

You will leave with one or the other.

So what if the host has showed me a door has a goat behind it? I still have no idea what is behind the other two.
And therein lies the problem. You can’t accurately calculate a probability if you don’t know what it is you’re calculating the probability of. In this case the rules of the game are unclear (whether there are ‘rounds’, how each round is played and whether things done in one round affect the next).

It is possible to produce a definitive answer, but only if there’s a definitive question.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote