View Single Post
Old 08-01-2022, 00:55   #1226
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
You’re doing it again - people are disagreeing with you and your propositions, and you conflate these disagreements with the fact you are disabled.

When people on this forum disagree with my views, my default isn’t "they’re only doing it because I’m Scottish"…
These aren't my propositions, they are proposals to be put before Parliament, I merely provided input.

As previously explained, I have no problem whatsoever with those who have differing views. It's when it is done through the use of tactics like mocking, insulting, laughing at a disabled person and the inevitable affects of their various disabilities that it becomes a problem.

It's akin to mocking someone interacting verbally because they have a stutter or because they have a brain issue like dementia that affects how they process information and express themselves.

Being Scottish doesn't affect you in the same way that a disability would, though of course you could still be unlawfully discriminated against because of it.

---------- Post added at 22:28 ---------- Previous post was at 22:19 ----------

I tell anyone who I think needs to know in order that they can contextualise this, take my disabilities into account and thus comply with the Equality Act.
Richard, you misunderstand me - I wasn’t talking about the Government proposals, I was meaning when you said
Quote:
This thread in particular has provided some excellent examples of how people feel it appropriate to treat disabled people.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote