View Single Post
Old 07-01-2022, 23:35   #1222
Blackshep
cf.addict

Blackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to all
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Richard pick one it's either support this legislation or support free speech because you can't do both this legislation is a sledgehammer to free speech. Many many years ago there was a website called ventyourdemons.com thousands of members who on the vent section posted some of the most violent and hateful comments you could possibly imagine but once they had vented they were ok and went on to comment and help others in the various topic threads. it was a release until somebody came along who only read the vent section not the topics thread and complained and got the website closed down.

I had a friend who'd been wounded serving his country who used it he said it let him get rid of the bad voices in his head, 5 month's after the closure of the site he committed suicide his note read "too many voices inside I can't live like this anymore". This is the first time I've talked about this since it happened and I thought long and hard about putting it on here because I carry some guilt about it and will always have the questions of did I miss something and was there more I could have done, but it's important for you to hopefully understand that legislation is a very broad double edged sword Richard.

This legislation will automatically kill any such sites or similar sites I don't know of any myself I only knew about that particular one because it helped my friend but I'm certain they are out there as the need for them exists. Your completely wrapped up in your personal world Richard and project your issues onto others and because you struggle to deal with certain aspects you want the law to come in and sort it out for you.

As I've said this legislation will absolutely not have the consequences you think it will and in a year or two when that becomes clear to you you'll want more legislation and more penalties because that's the route you've chosen. I and many many others prefer to face all interaction in all it's forms and learn to deal with things we don't like or understand it's a far more constructive approach then hoping on legislation from a bunch of people who have long lost the connection to ordinary people.
Blackshep is offline   Reply With Quote