Thread: General Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
View Single Post
Old 16-09-2021, 12:31   #1483
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
RXTV says BBC One English HD regions HD may launch as early as October 21th.

https://rxtvinfo.com/2021/bbc-one-hd...art-imminently

Rumours says that BBC ALBA HD and BBC Parliament HD may launch on BBC iPlayer (and due to BBC new Sky deal they may launch on Virgin Media).
I found it out a wee while back, omnidirectional and TIGHazard posted about it on a couple of threads on Digital Spy back on the 6th September. I didn't have any more at the time so didn't post here.

Their source was the same as the one RXTVlog later gave in their article.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/schedules
(The data shown on screen varies according to the device and orientation you view it on.)

Apparently this source was accurate about BBC Scotland channel launching before it was announced, so it can't be disregarded offhand as a glitch on the BBC website, but I did read it has got a date wrong once regards a different service (I forget which) launching, though it did launch. The BBC Scotland launch was more recent and the date was correct, so coupled with the recent BBC-Sky deal I mentioned on the Local TV thread last night, I think it's fairly likely to happen. Just my opinion though.

---------- Post added at 11:31 ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 ----------

I just checked that BBC Schedule website again, since I noticed BBC Parliament HD and BBC Alba HD are listed there now, and they too have the 21st as the start.

Exact wording is "Broadcast schedule begins on Thursday 21 October 2021".