View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 08:15   #1
GrIdL0cK
Inactive

GrIdL0cK is an unknown quantity at this point
Belkin AC1200+ with Virgin Superhub

Hello everyone!

I'm a newcomer to the forum and a bit of a network noob, although I can do a few beginner tasks, so hopefully if someone does reply, it won't sail too far above my head.

I'm on Virgin Media and it's connected through a cable through the wall, into my Virgin Media Superhub 2ac. Recently, I've been having a bunch of Wi-Fi range issues and problems, especially with my Smart TV, so I got myself a range extender which does help a little bit but not as much as I would like.

I decided to grab myself a Belkin AC1200+ and run the Superhub in its "modem" mode and figured everything would be great with that.

I keep running into issues no and I don't know how I can fix it, I don't know how it will work but I can't get it to connect at all. The light on the Belkin is always orange (unless I'm rebooting it) and I've tried the Superhub in modem mode, hub mode, tried different ports, tried switching both on and off numerous times. I just don't know.

I even went as far as changing all the IP addresses too.

The Virgin hub is at: 192.168.0.1
The Belkin is at: 192.168.2.1

I've put my wireless laptop (and wired computer) on Obtain IP's automatically, I've swapped the addresses around, I've change the Belkin and the Superhub to the same IP (apart from the last digit), I've tried both as the default gateway, I just can't get anything to work.

When I put them all on the same IP (192.168.0.x), I can connect to either Wireless (as long as the Superhub isn't in modem mode) but then can't ping the one I'm not connected to, so I think there is no connection between the Superhub and the Belkin.

If anyone has any suggestions for me or feels that they may be able to provide me with an assist, I would be forever grateful and eternally in your debt.

Thanks!
GrIdL0cK is offline   Reply With Quote