View Single Post
Old 03-06-2021, 15:30   #210
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: President Joe Biden’s first 100 days in office

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
The Biden administration want to impose a minimum “ global “ rate of corporation tax, the U.K. hasn’t signed up to the idea as yet. This is just pressure from sleepy Joe’s team to push Dishy Rishi into agreeing.
As you know, Rishi is holding out (I hope he keeps to that) for US agreement on fair taxation of the digital companies.

By imposing a global minimum corporation tax, the US completely stuffs the countries in respect of their ability to compete for investment whilst at the same time leaving the UK with 4/5 of 5/8 of eff-all in respect of the digital companies.

I can see how Biden's proposal could level the playing field with the likes of Ireland - but the EU will likely be dealing with that anyway (under some Health/Safety Directive, of course). But then Biden says he's Irish. No friend at all and we need to stand up to him.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote