View Single Post
Old 26-10-2016, 22:06   #40
rogerdraig
cf.mega poster

rogerdraig has reached the bronze age
rogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to rogerdraig
Re: Bakers who refused to make 'gay cake' say they felt 'victimised'

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Exactly my point, you quote bible verses and expect everyone to know the context yet you've taken the verse out of context.

There are other religions in the world! How would a Buddist, Hindu or anyone of another faith have any idea of the context of any verse plucked from the bible?

That is how evanglists work, they quote bible verses to prove any point they wish to make.
i could have wrote out the whole chapter then gone into how it applies but as i was talking about how we should treat others and was mainly replying to some one who is complaining from a religious stand point i didn't feel the need but I am quite willing to do so

my main point is that Christians should treat everyone equally with out discrimination and should follow the law. How God will judge those not of our faith is not up to us.

I can not see how allowing them to do as they wanted to do could in any case do anything but harm as it would lead to those who don't believe in mixed marriage or interfaith marriages then saying they also should be allowed to discriminate and then to other things.

I am all for being allowed to proclaim your faith door to door if you want but we should not be allowed to impose our views on others who don't hold those views
rogerdraig is offline   Reply With Quote