Thread: Streaming The Book of Boba Fett
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2022, 17:12   #20
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: The Book of Boba Fett

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I would say I am 70/30 about it atm. I loved the locations, the costumes and the sound and the general nostalgia; it works wonders for my realism factor. The two things I have a gripe with atm are the character and some of the shots. I know it is a series which is on Disney+ and has to be suitable for everyone but atm his behaviour isn't in keeping with his character with regards to how he is dealing with situations and I would expect to see him be more ruthless. For example, I would have expected him to kill the dude the mayor sent to welcome him and then go and kill the mayor as well; installing a replacement that would be loyal to him and sending a clear message to everyone to get in line. Secondly, the wide angle long distance shots of the city look great and real but when they keep cutting to close shots on the roof chase showing you one roof at a time you can tell they are stages/sets and it just looks too fake and artificial like Thunderbirds.

I will persevere for now because atm the positives out way the negatives.
I think the idea is that he’s on a Journey. The cut scenes showing his time with the sand people are showing his gradual transformation from bitter lonely orphan to something else, likely much more empathetic. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that they have him forming a relationship with a juvenile of the tribe.

Besides all of the above, we actually know a lot less about him than we think we do, given how little canon screen time he’s actually had. He was never Empire - he was a freelance bounty hunter, and despite being a clone he lacked the military modifications given to the original clone army derived from his father. Star Wars liked to paint in broad brush strokes, almost invariably black or white, but even in the original films the grey shades are there if you want to see them.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote