Thread: General Analogue Cable Memories
View Single Post
Old 25-09-2021, 19:23   #86
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Analogue Cable Memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
I was employee number 50 at Jones Cable (Leeds), implemented the Bytel Billing system at Watford & Leeds (then moved Peterborough & Norwich over), then sorted out Encom in Docklands - long, long time ago…
And in what year did you become employee number 50?

---------- Post added at 19:23 ---------- Previous post was at 19:14 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
I was with Bell Cablemedia originally, think that went to Cable and Wireless, then NTL, now VM. (someone need to looks into VMs monopoly these days....)

The box was a Jerrold and incredibly hot - it provided central heating for the room ! Treated myself to cable in time for the 1996 Cricket World Cup !
Those old Jerrold boxes were the mainstay of analogue cable.

And it is worth underling that the 1996 Cricket World Cup almost ended up being shown exclusively on cable after Wire TV bought the rights to the event. however Wire stopped broadcasting nine months before the tournament was due to start and Sky picked up the live rights with the BBC showing highlights.
Rillington is offline   Reply With Quote