Thread: General Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
View Single Post
Old 26-08-2021, 22:16   #1338
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Alternatively, it might not be going into the Sub Club, but be getting a sweetener for going FTV to get it off Freesat and generic satellite STB's as seems to have happened with Motors TV in the past?? I think this is unlikely though.
I doubt that CNN has the kind of audience levels that would encourage Sky to offer such a sweetener. Also, it doesn't really fit with the theory of CNN moving to a subscription only model. What really amuses me is Virgin's explanation that they will no longer be carrying CNN as it is moving to a subscription model. Isn't that the case for most of the channels carried on Virgin TV?