Thread: General Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
View Single Post
Old 26-08-2021, 20:48   #1337
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post
Partly right, the FOX label has been moved from 524 to 574. FOX HD was, and the label still is sid 1610. Before you ask FOX+1 was 723 but the label moved to 751 to make way for QVC Extra. The movement to higher sid numbers is normal until the channels are completely removed about 3 months after closure. I had been given the information this morning but didn't think it was worth posting.

---------- Post added at 17:27 ---------- Previous post was at 17:22 ----------

That's fair enough but you said "71% of the venture will be owned by WB's parent company". The parent company is AT&T. WarnerMedia will be spun off so, other than sharing some of the same shareholders, AT&T will have no control over the new company.

---------- Post added at 17:33 ---------- Previous post was at 17:27 ----------

Thank you. It's a hobbyist site, so I'll still wait for the encryption flag to be added. If it is added, it is confirmation of a "subs club" agreement with Sky. Encryption being a Sky service. A shame then that Virgin didn't manage to negotiate a similar agreement.
Alternatively, it might not be going into the Sub Club, but be getting a sweetener for going FTV to get it off Freesat and generic satellite STB's as seems to have happened with Motors TV in the past?? I think this is unlikely though.