Thread: General Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
View Single Post
Old 21-06-2021, 10:55   #747
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I think Virgin will have to accept at some point that it cannot continue to charge for fewer and fewer channels. Sooner or later, the charge will need to be for packages of streamers instead. How exactly the financing of such an arrangement would work will be interesting.
Why not?

They're not saving a fortune from the channels that are leaving. Often it's genuinely in the order of pennies per subscriber per month.

Customers aren't going to leave Virgin in a hurry, losing bundle discounts, to buy a basket of two or three £5-15 a month streaming services.

All that's likely to happen is that the same users end up paying more for a standalone broadband service.

If I were to move to a standalone broadband product I'd have about £12 and lose all the channels in Maxit (inc. BT Sport) in the process.