View Single Post
Old 05-10-2020, 19:41   #1475
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I only bring it up when there's a danger of you getting away with re-writing history. The posts are there for anyone to see, but sometimes it's helpful to draw attention to them.

There's no shame in admitting you were wrong - something you seemed to have less trouble doing in 2015 than you do now.
I have just been through these posts. I had indeed clarified that I thought broadband would be rolled out to cover virtually the whole country by 2025. I also said ‘things will look different’ by 2025. If you read this in context with the posts at the time, what I meant by that was that by 2025, the advance of the streaming services would help people to understand the way we were going, and the future in my vision would not look so out of place.

I do understand that my comments may have been genuinely misunderstood, and I have apologised for that, but why this is such an issue for some of you I do not understand. It was 2015 when I started that thread, and I clarified the 2035 date in 2015 as well, and so it has remained over the five years since. Clearly, it is not fluid to my mind at all, but nor is it set in stone. Nothing compels the conventional channels to close. It is simply what I believe will happen. You may all disagree, and that’s fine.

But to argue the toss about a minor misunderstanding in 2015, which was fairly quickly clarified, is just obsessive. It’s 2020 now, for God’s sake!

---------- Post added at 19:41 ---------- Previous post was at 19:40 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Keep digging OB...
You will not find any evidence to the contrary, Den.