View Single Post
Old 16-08-2007, 12:43   #10
Delta Whiskey
Inactive

Services: 10Mb BB, DTV & Phone
Delta Whiskey has a nice shiny star
Delta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny star
Re: Connect 2nd home pc to internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris T View Post
'Cable DSL'? Are you sure?

I thought it was either cable or DSL, DSL (or ADSL) being the one she doesn't want.

And so far, nobody has asked Mrsmac to ensure that both PCs she wishes to connect have an ethernet port, nor have they told her that she may need to buy two lengths of ethernet cable when she visits PC world (I suspect that the router will come with, at best, one length of cable to connect the router to the cable modem - if it doesn't, then put three lengths of cable in your basket).
Fair points. I assumed the PC's were reasonably new as they are both running XP and therefore would have ethernet ports. She will of course need to buy at least one cable (my Linksys came with one short cable).

The manual for the router is here: http://www.isomicro.co.uk/downloads/befsr41_ug.pdf Chapter four shows how the router is connected.
Delta Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote