Old 03-02-2023, 23:49   #9
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Virgin Mis-Sold me a Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
Hi Clemand welcome to the forum.

I think MrK and Taf have both given you a good insight into what has happened to themselves and people they know.

From talking to my friends and family over the years it seems that virtually every supplier causes problems so I'm afraid I can't help but I do think you need to consider how much you would have to pay for a similar service from another supplier.

The fact that we will all be seeing an increase in price in the new year, which gives us all a legitimate get out option, does give you a chance to look at other companies and use the next few weeks to make sure you feel less pressured whilst you decide what is the best courseof action for you with VM.

Just be aware that at some point every other supplier out there will also be putting up their prices, it happens every year unfortunately.

Hopefully other members will be around later and will be able to give you their take on what you could consider doing.
This is the last time that a price rise will be able to be used to get out of a contract.

From next year they will be introducing inflation busting price rises and people won't be able to dump them.

Forewarned is forearmed.

---------- Post added at 22:49 ---------- Previous post was at 22:40 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertus View Post
This happened to me. I'm stunned to see how common it is
And me. As compensation, even though i've dropped down to the most basic TV offering, they've added on a number of pay channels for free until at least the end of the contract.

This, coupled with the fact that lots of HD channels have now been moved to lower packages after the switchoff of SD channels, means that I now have virtually everything that I had when I was paying for Full House.

I've lost BT Sport which I wasn't bothered about and their part time UHD channel is complete rubbish IMO.

I urge everyone not bothered about the above two channels to check out what they'd still get if they downgraded and cut costs. I'm now giving about £26 a month less to this unscrupulous company, which pleases me no end.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote