View Single Post
Old 13-07-2022, 11:08   #35
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Elizabeth Line (Crossrail) opens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Great news on the Elizabeth Line. Looks like a success.
It's a really nice line as well. If you compare it to the Jubliee Line which was the newest tube line prior to this it's amazing the leap forward 30 years makes in the context of a 160-year-old railway network.

Quote:
Complete waste of time and needs a total re-think.
A journey to London would only be ten minutes faster for me.

Ten minutes!
I think it's better to think of it as additional capacity that is also high speed. There are bigger gains as well. Manchester to London is an hour which, each way, is a big difference that mades day trips between the cities easier for pleasure and business. If the original ambition was maintained then Scotland to London would see huge differences.

I think when we build new intercity railways they should be high-speed by default even when the intention is simply to add capacity and new routes to the network.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote