View Single Post
Old 02-05-2023, 11:02   #9
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
Re: What do you think happens when we die?

I am a Christian and when I die I will go to spend eternity with Jesus. The specifics, paradise, heaven, new earth are secondary to being with Jesus. My salvation isn't dependant on me but on God's grace. Christ's righteousness is imputed to me and my sin is dealt with by His death and resurrection. Imputed means that God declares me righteous not that I am righteous but He can do that because Jesus has removed my sin onto Himself.

Because of my relationship with Christ I can enjoy the life I live here. I want to please Him so I do the things He wants me to do - love others, do good to others and so on so it's not a dead faith. But my salvation isn't dependent on me doing good, I do good because I am saved. So I do make the most of this life but this life isn't my goal.

I will have a new body, this one isn't worth keeping. But my new body will be recognisably me. There is debate about what age we will be but the Bible doesn't tell us that so best not speculate.