View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 17:16   #346
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Absolutely, maybe some good can come out of this though and it will encourage more people to think twice before uploading anything objectionable on the internet.
"Objectionable" is subjective and just an opinion. And just because someone considers an action to be objectionable does not automatically mean anything needs to be done about it.

IMO there are far too many "I don't like it so I want it banned" types out there. Don't get me wrong, there does need to be regulation on what is broadcasted/transmitted etc.

There are plenty of things I've seen/read/heard online that have offended me. Unless it has broken the law my default reaction is to switch off, leave the website, look elsewhere etc. The world does not revolve around what I like or dislike.

The Grenfell bonfire idiots - should they be prosecuted? I'm not sure which law they've broken, Not 100% certain a Public Order charge will stick. Were they stupid to do it and do they deserve the wrath of the public? I'd say hell-to-the-yeah. Should they have been stopped from uploading that video of them doing what they did? I disagree. Sure it must have been upsetting for the relatives of the victims but if someone wants to show footage of how stupid they are then I say go right ahead.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote