Thread: Pronouns
View Single Post
Old 19-08-2022, 11:29   #75
Aye Up
Barking up the wrong tree

Services: VM Gig1
Aye Up will become famous soon enoughAye Up will become famous soon enoughAye Up will become famous soon enough
Re: Pronouns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
You may (or may not) find this informative.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kimelse...h=5641c24c76b9

tl:dr - it’s not that simple…
It is that simple, even those with DSD or what used to be called intersex are born male or female in the majority of circumstances. Thats where Assigned Male/Female at Birth was originally used, those instances where the sex was difficult to determine. AFAB/AMAB was never meant to be used in the general population as their sex was already determined (in the womb).

So it is immutable, you can't change your biological sex. This is not to say those who experience GD shouldn't get treatment and a broadbased one at that. I have immense sympathy for someone who is suffering with GD, we should be accommodating of that and encourage them to seek the treatment and support they need.

It used to be the understanding that those who underwent transitioning had surgery especially in the MTF sense, thus at least appearance wise reducing the perceived risk to other women. There wasn't much issue around this, hence why I suggested or said it was settled. Now the current situation has brought all that into question, why?

I certainly believe you can transition your identity to the opposite sex and live as that socially. However that still doesn't change the fact your body is still biologically what it was/is, there is no escaping that. Again though we should treat people as they wish to be treated, with respect, kindness and dignity. We can do that without feeling like we are betraying our beliefs or views, some will indulge more than others, others less so.
Aye Up is offline   Reply With Quote