Thread: General Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
View Single Post
Old 23-05-2021, 11:38   #521
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
No, I posted it to be informative - you shouldn't "project"...
Pointing out how quickly a TV programme is uploaded by replying to a previous post containg outdated information is what forums are all about. Everyone benefits from the knowledge, not just the original poster.

I don't watch many programmes live these days (apart from live events) so I was surprised to see Old Boy mentioning a period of hours before they were available. As a strong advocate of streaming, Old Boy was the last person that I'd think of recording programmess, so this action felt out of character.

---------- Post added at 11:33 ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Why would it be an advantage?
There's a 20-minute gap from 10.31 to 10.51 when News at Ten can't be watched on-demand or via restart but can be watched if you record it.

---------- Post added at 11:38 ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus1974 View Post
will be interesting to see what happens after the Virginmedia and 02 (telefonica) merger. I spoke to someone that works for the telefonica side of 02 and apparently the first thing they want to invest in is the cable infrastructure for the broadband fibreoptic expansion.
There's nothing to stop that happening at the moment.
Interest rates are at record lows (borrowing will be the way expansion is paid for) so whilst it would be great to see more expansion, I don't think that the business case changes due to the merger.