View Single Post
Old 20-08-2023, 19:21   #17
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Lionesses reach the world cup final

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
Well it wasn't meant to be. England did well to get to the final, but they didn't play anywhere near as good in the final as their previous games. It looked like they bottled it from the start and just didn't get any hold on their game.

The first half was a shocking and felt like they were too scared to play. The 2nd half they were better but Spain were by far the better team on the day. Also the ref weren't that good either which didn't help.

I'm sure they'll be kicking themselves when they look back on their performance in the final.
I went to the pub for lunch and caught the last 10mins + 13 mins added time.

Spain looked faster, more direct and more dangerous. I wasn’t very impressed with what I saw by England.

They had a few opportunities (not chances they didn’t turn their opportunities into chances) and right at the last kick of the game almost had a chance but the delivery wasn’t good enough.