Thread: Nintendo DS
View Single Post
Old 27-12-2007, 14:48   #21
greencreeper
Inactive

Services: Email me for a current price list
greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star
greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star
Re: Nintendo DS

It's a nifty little thing - much smaller than I imagined. I had to get the "more brain training" because Chavgos didn't have the plain "brain training". I've had a go with it, and it is quite addictive - I was drawn to the suduko. My brain age is supposedly 84, IIRC. I'm not convinced. Let's take a look at FPS games... I've played the original Half-Life many, many times, and can now play it knowing where all the triggers and aliens are, and with a high degree of weapon accuracy. I maybe die two or three times in total, if that (excluding the dodgy Zen bit, which I'm not keen on). It's an FPS game. That should mean I can play any FPS game with the same skill. This is not the case. Why? Because every game is different, and the skills learnt in one game are not always transferrable to another. According to the Brain Training, repeating the same exercises over and over will improve your brain - I think it just improves your skill at the exercises, and doesn't give you anything useful you can transfer elsewhere.
greencreeper is offline   Reply With Quote