View Single Post
Old 14-11-2021, 23:18   #5535
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Eternals: 7/10.

Definitely a gentler pace than most MCU films, mostly due to the flashbacks. But those are so well done it’s fine by me. It was all worth it to hear the Epic of Gilgamesh spoken in Akkadian.

Spoiler: 
I love the way it starts to tie together things we’ve seen in earlier films; the idea that you can put a celestial to sleep is a nice callback to Guardians vol.2. That Ego himself is clearly so feeble compared even to the infant Tiamut suggests there’s more to his origins than we know so far.

I appreciated the fact that (unlike Shang Chi) it didn’t connect itself to the Avengers, even in the Coda. It was nice to feel we were exploring a completely new part of the MCU.

I think they could have afforded to pick up the pace a little. Much as I enjoyed it, the flashback material was not all essential. But that doesn’t make it a bad film, or even a ‘meh’ film. It has the same characteristic lightness of touch and humour that always sets the MCU apart from DC.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote