Thread: O2 O2 scam calls
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2023, 13:33   #1
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
O2 scam calls

Since I've been migrated from Virgin Mobile to O2 I've received a steady stream of scam calls. Just sharing this knowledge in case others get them too.

They pretend to be O2 and say that as a loyal customer, you are entitled to a 30% discount. In the background, they text O2 and ask for your pass code to be sent to you.

They then request your O2 pass code from you before they can transfer you to their "discount department". They state that the code should not be shared with anyone except the person you are speaking to.

Fortunately, O2 advise you not to share the code with anyone at O2.

Presumably, if you shared the code with the scammer, they would load lots of charges onto your account and have access to your personal details and bank details with impersonation opportunities.

I never got similar calls when on Virgin Mobile.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote