Thread: General Local TV
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2021, 20:53   #120
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Local TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rillington View Post
There was also some sharing on cable, coming directly from the satellite feed. I recall

6am CNBC
12noon Trouble
8pm to 6am Bravo

---------- Post added at 21:12 ---------- Previous post was at 21:10 ----------

Back to the original topic, and i think it's such a shame that this local ability that cable offers isn't being used for local programming these days. If it was seemed to be possible in the late 1990s then why not do it now?
It is possible to do it like that now, but to be honest, it was mind-boggling boring. The presenters droned on and had no media skills and I would be surprised if many watched it.

The only way you can make local TV work is to have national programming with regular scheduled spots for the local stuff, supported by advertising. Unless the content is of interest and the channel is run professionally, no-one will watch it.

Trying to operate these channels in isolation from one another just doesn’t work, I’m afraid.