Thread: General Local TV
View Single Post
Old 24-09-2021, 19:37   #115
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Local TV

Right, so it was 16 streams and I guess on some, more than one channel shared a single 'stream' eg TCC and The Family 16 streams but maybe more than 16 channels being available.

The channels sharing a stream in the mid-1990s included TCC sharing with The Family Channel, Cartoon Network sharing with TNT and Nickelodeon sharing with Paramount.

---------- Post added at 19:37 ---------- Previous post was at 19:32 ----------

And going back to local TV on analogue cable in the mid-1990s. In my area the local channel initially consisted of nothing more than a text and graphics service.

Later on, during the Cable & Wireless period, a weekly 30-minute local features show was launched which was broadcast on a loop, sharing time with a programme about cable television and possibly a couple of other programmes as well. I think the local programme was shown every two hours throughout the seven day period.

The only other local 'content' was on The Weather Network whereby the local forecast for the franchise area was displayed as text information on the bottom of the screen.
Rillington is offline   Reply With Quote