Thread: Moving modem.
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2022, 15:50   #4
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Re: Moving modem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Virgin Media do offer an engineer visit if for whatever reason your current home setup doesn't support your needs once you're moved over to the Hub based line.
We need our phone to work and having to wait to have an engineer vist after the phone no longer works is not a scenario I want to have to deal with.

Does your answer mean I just can't move the modem ( +splitter and cable) across to our other V6?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
I assume you have a splitter on the main TV box to Modem. Just remove the modem splitter and cable running to the modem and use what is left on the tv box then set the second box up as the downstairs set up was
Yes there is a splitter, I sused that out earlier before I got into STM mode
I am just worried that doing what you have said wouldn't work because the modem is directly linked to a single V6 and that we would need some sort of signal? from VM to make it work with our other V6.

Thank you both for responding to my post. xx