View Single Post
Old 20-04-2021, 23:55   #71
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: European football clubs agree to create a Super League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
There will be those who might challenge the notion that football is a major part of UK culture. I know what you mean but I don't think it runs that deep.

However, no government has done anything to protect the UK's culture. It is only a matter of time before our culture is submerged by other cultures.

In the specific instance of football, the government has put the World Cup, euros and the FA cup final on the list of designated events to prevent them vanishing behind paywalls. The EU intervened to prevent live league broadcast rights from being sold as a single exclusive package to any one broadcaster on competition grounds. I suspect nobody will be proposing that is reversed now we’re out.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote