Thread: Climate Change
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2021, 22:36   #52
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Climate Change - sea level rises.

I'm not denying the facts, particularly what is happening at the poles (melting Ice).

But to my simple mind, mitigation through engineering should be possible. For example, 2m bunds (or whatever they are called) right round the coastline. For example forestry fire risk assessment should be undertaken with climate change in mind so that fire breaks can be engineered in; plus water pipelines from the sea or reservoirs to various places for fire management purposes.

The above in addition to carbon management. I'm not against coal fired power generation with carbon capture; hell knows we'll need all the electricity we can generate.

I looked at part of the UN report ( https://www.ipcc.ch/report/ar6/wg1/d...y_Material.pdf ) to see where the information sources are. It seems to me, and I might be mistaken, that a whole load of third party documents have been pulled together to result in the conclusions of the report. To my mind, that could be dodgy - as in selecting material that suits the agenda and hence the conclusions. The UN report appears not to be the result of structured study under UN control.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote