Thread: Amazon Lord of the Rings Series
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2022, 18:50   #68
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Re: Lord of the Rings Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Well I've read both the Hobbit and the LOR novel as well as seeing all the films and this misses by a mile.

Just a load of woke nonsense: No dwarf was ever black and the village seems to be of the first born (Clock the Elven ears) who should have violet eyes, be white skinned with white or blond hair.
They are Harfoots they even call themselves that

heero remember this is a work of fiction no Dwarf was ever anything. I assume you are referring to Lenny Henry ? I can see past colour and do not care in a work of fiction so much when a black actor plays what is seen as a white role. I do however care when it is a real person ie Anne Boleyn

Tolkien's description of a Hobbit notice the slightly pointed ears

Quote:
I picture a fairly human figure, not a kind of 'fairy' rabbit as some of my British reviewers seem to fancy: fattish in the stomach, shortish in the leg. A round, jovial face; ears only slightly pointed and 'elvish'; hair short and curling (brown). The feet from the ankles down, covered with brown hairy fur. Clothing: green velvet breeches; red or yellow waistcoat; brown or green jacket; gold (or brass) buttons; a dark green hood and cloak (belonging to a dwarf).
The Letters of J.R.R. Tolkien, 35 (#27)

Last edited by Jaymoss; 06-09-2022 at 18:58.
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote