View Single Post
Old 27-03-2023, 20:18   #4298
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
I am guessing that Forbes, being rooted in Old Testament thinking re: LGBT+, probably alienated enough of the younger SNP support to ensure she lost. Saying that, depending where Humza is aligned in the Islamic theology spectrum, he may not be far behind.

If these two are the best that the SNP can do then its fun time for Labour for the next GE ...
There’s plenty in the New Testament about model relationships and sexuality as well. There’s also a lot about tolerance. Kate Forbes is routinely - sometimes wilfully - misunderstood for assuming she holds to one and not the other. In my experience I have come across many more LGBT etc activists who have failed to master the skill of disagreeing well, than I have encountered Christians with that problem.

Public polling throughout this campaign has consistently shown Kate Forbes was the voters’ favourite. The SNP has missed an opportunity to bring in a new broom and a popular face and has instead stuck with business as usual with a minister whose record is hardly glowing. The noises coming from the other political parties in Scotland are rather positive this evening. The SNP ought to worry why that is.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote