Thread: Amazon The Boys
View Single Post
Old 19-10-2020, 19:59   #57
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: The Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
I absolutely believe the show could benefit from a few Character of the week (monster of the week) episodes that standalone from the 8 arc episodes.
I agree, there is so much more story to tell and the characters are so rich that you can afford to do a few standalone eps. Plenty of other series have recently (and annoyingly) put the main story on hold to go off on a tangent and do something else. The recent seasons of The Walking Dead and The 100 come to mind. Homelander was central to the story in this season and at a convenient and climatic point I would have liked to have seen a dedicated flashback going back to his childhood to show us where it all went wrong and how he ended up being the person he is today. There is so much more they can do. I have endorsed it as a general rule of thumb and it definitely applies here, seasons needs to be 16 episodes long.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote