Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 20-05-2021, 09:20   #5215
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
It is for those already employed as making vaccination mandatory would be a change of contract. That would open the door for discrimination claims if sacked for not being vaccinated. It would be a minefield unless the Gov made vaccinations compulsory but I doubt that would happen or if necessary cinsidering the success of the roll out so far, notwithstanding the resistance of certain communities so far.
It does depend on how you pitch it. If companies did a risk assessment under Health and Safety legislation and found that COVID vaccination was a good way to protect its' employees from COVID, then I would doubt a new contract would be needed. An employers obligation to provide a safe environment is implied.

That said, it's all moot - I can't see this happening. I work for a healthcare company and the words are that vaccination is 'strongly recommended' for all employees but that's it

---------- Post added at 09:20 ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
As a layman, I still believe that virus mutations sort of like the line of least resistance. The genetic make up of Indians (etc) is different from Caucasians. Do please recall that right at the beginning of all this, before vaccines, Indian types were found to be more susceptible to CV than Caucasians.
I think you have to be careful to separate genetics from socio-economic factors. If you are unable to work from home, live in a house of multiple occupancy and/or generations, or work in healthcare, your risk of infection is correspondingly higher. All of these tend to skew towards minorities being more severely affected.

The ONS did some good numbers on this - https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...d19/2020-12-14