View Single Post
Old 24-08-2021, 09:26   #4137
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
As OB suggested … bringing the Greens into government will not win over any of the voters who don’t like their politics to the SNP’s point of view.

I was being slightly tongue in cheek, however Sturgeon is on record as saying she thought another referendum shouldn’t happen until there was sustained and substantial support for separation in the polls. She can never admit it out loud but she really doesn’t want to hold a referendum right now. It’s too risky. However, if she did say it out loud there would be a leadership challenge so she has to keep kicking the can down the road, looking like she’s keen but never quite bringing it about.
I think the alliance with the Greens achieves what it set out to do - create a pro-independence Scottish government. Attempting to judge the alliance on other criteria misses the point.

I do have some sympathy with the kicking-the-tin-can-down-the-lane argument, though. It will be interesting to see how it develops.
1andrew1 is online now   Reply With Quote