View Single Post
Old 25-09-2021, 11:14   #61
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
Re: Panic at the Pumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Because you’re circumventing the problem of HGV shortages, Europe wide. Germany 65-85K HGV vacancies unfilled. Poland 124,000 driver shortages, pretty sure it was only the UK that left the corrupted EU. But I guess you got to cling to some hope that Brexit is the route cause, when it most certainly isn’t.

It’s almost as if, and I’m not necessarily pointing finger at you doing this, but it’s like all these so called shortages bullshit, “some” hardline Remainers, want something so destructive, to prove to us Brexiteers, we got it momentously and catastrophically wrong, that so much so, we’d change our minds or admit defeat. I say NEVER. I have no regrets voting to leave and I’d do so again. It’s called democracy.
Fair point there’s always going to be ardent discussion around the B issue !! And yes you’re right there are shortages around not only just the U.K., the EU but also the rest of the world pretty much. As per my article link the EU are having to bring in eastern European drivers in order to meet shortages. EU members can also move labour around if needed.

I guess my point is that one of the reasons we voted to leave the EU is to ‘take back control’ now we have left the government had the power to lessen the impact that the shortage of HGV drivers is causing. but they didn’t act quickly enough. JIT supply chains means you can’t play ‘catch up’

The EU is embarking on a program to improve the HGV infrastructure that they have in place (which is already far superior to the U.K.s) we need to at least be on par with that