View Single Post
Old 31-12-2022, 11:43   #1862
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: The energy crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
For comparison with Shell Energy (DD) tariff rates

Electricity
Unit rate per kWh:33.029p
Standing charge:49.54p per day

Gas
Unit rate per kWh:10.244p
Standing charge:28.48p per day

Update

We use about 15kWh electricity per day, so whilst we pay 11p more per day standing charge, we save (by comparison) around 30p per day - swings/roundabouts…
As Scottish Power is utterly useless they still haven’t started billing us at the new build we moved into at the end of June. So I’m still taking photos of the meters at the end of every month and keeping running totals of our consumption. The big unknown is what it’s actually costing us; we have moved from a super-draughty old house to a super-efficient new one (insulation, LEDs, new appliances) so my gut feeling is that the improved energy performance of the house is going to offset the energy price rises.

Although we’re not with Shell I used your tariff details to get a ball-park figure for our running costs since the beginning of September. I’m aware this means I’ve counted one month at what should be lower rates but I’d rather over estimate than under.

Based on your data we’ve used £366 in gas (£400 including standing charge) and £395 electricity (£455 with standing charge) since the start of September. I’d be curious to see other posters actual billed amounts for the last 4 months for comparison, if anyone’s happy to share.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote